T.I. Released From Prison, Gets VH1 Reality Show
The rapper spent nearly 10 months behind bars for a parole violation stemming from a drug arrest.
Thursday was a busy day for rapper T.I. Not only was he released from prison, but it was announced that he'll be featured on a new reality show.
"Feels great to be back where I belong...Back in the arms of those who need me the most,” a newly freed T.I. wrote on Twitter after his release.
The rapper served nearly 10 months at the Forrest City Correctional Facility in Arkansas for a probation violation from his arrest on drug charges last year in Los Angeles. He will be spend the rest of his 11 month sentence in a halfway house, according to reports.
T.I.—whose real name is Clifford Joseph Harris, Jr. – will be featured in a VH1 series that will follow him as he tries to build up his new life post-prison. The currently untitled 10 episode series will premiere on Monday, December 5.
"The storm is over & da sun back out. IT'S OUR TIME TO SHINE SHAWTY!!!!! Welcome to the beginning of our Happy Ending!!!!” the “Whatever You Like” rapper also wrote on Twitter.
Reality TV will be nothing new for T.I., who starred in MTV’s T.I.'s Road to Redemption in 2009, in which he counseled trouble youth as he himself prepared to serve out a yearlong sentence on felony gun charges.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR