Ticketmaster Canada Names New COO as Local Competition Grows
Patti-Anne Tarlton joins the Live Nation unit as Ticketfly and other new rivals in the Canadian market aim to reduce service fees on tickets.
TORONTO – Ticketmaster Canada has named Patti-Anne Tarlton as its senior vp and COO, having drawn her away from the Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment live entertainment group.
The Live Nation Entertainment subsidiary also named Tom Worrall, the current COO, as the Ticketmaster Canada chairman.
Tarlton moves to the ticket retail giant in Canada after 13 years at MLSE, booking and managing operations at Air Canada Center, the major entertainment venue in Toronto, and other venues.
She also arrives at Ticketmaster Canada as U.S. rival Ticketfly expands into the Canadian market and aims to reduce service fees for tickets.
Tarlton figured in a strategic partnership between Live Nation Entertainment and MLSE, which also includes among its attractions the Toronto Maple Leafs NHL team and the Toronto Raptors NBA team.
“Patti-Anne has a deep understanding of the Canadian venue and ticketing industry and her highly specialized background will ensure our newest tools will uniquely serve our Canadian clients,” Jared Smith, president of Ticketmaster North America, said Thursday in a statement.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR