Tiger Woods to Appear in Japanese 'Heat Rub' Ads While on Break From Golf
His commercials begin airing in July.
Tiger Woods hasn't played golf since May 12, but he's found other ways to keep busy.
He has been hired as a spokesperson for a Japanese heat rub used to relieve muscle and join pain.
“Kowa Company Ltd. is pleased to announce the use of Tiger Woods as the image character of Antiphlogistic Analgetic Vantelin Kowa series,” the Nagoya-based company said in a press release.
The TV commercial hits airwaves in the country in mid-July, according to the Associated Press.
Woods withdrew from The Players Championship after nine holes in May with knee and Achilles injuries.
He said Tuesday he would return to golf when he is fully healed, but he's not sure how long that will take.
This isn't the first time Woods has appeared in Japanese TV commercials. In the '90s, he touted canned iced coffee in the country.
Boston Red Sox pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka (who is recovering from elbow reconstruction surgery) has also been a spokesperson for Vantelin heat rub in Japan.
Rory McIlroy has been called the next Woods after he won the U.S. Open.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!