Tilda Swinton, John Hurt Join Jim Jarmusch's Vampire Film 'Only Lovers Left Alive'
Tom Hiddleston and Mia Wasikowska also star in the vampire love story, set to shoot in Germany later this year.
COLOGNE, Germany - Tilda Swindon will rejoin her The Limits of Control helmer Jim Jarmusch for the director's new film, a take on the vampire romance genre titled Only Loves Left Alive.
Fellow Oscar-winner John Hurt, most lately of Tinker Tailor Solider Spy, Mia Wasikowska of Albert Nobbs and War Horse actor Tom Hiddleston also star in the horror drama, described as an unusual love story between two vampires who have been in love for centuries.
Jarmusch is producing Only Lovers Left Alive together with Cologne-based Pandora films. The feature has picked up $1.45 million (€1 million) in production financing from state film subsidy body Filmstifftung NRW and will shoot in the NRW region of western Germany later this year.
NRW also backed Ich & Kaminiski, the new film from Goodbye, Lenin! helmer Wolfgang Becker, which stars Daniel Bruhl (Inglourious Basterds) and German-language comedy Macho Man from director Jochen Alexander Freydank, winner of the short film Oscar for Toyland (2007) with $1.3 million (€1 million) each.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR