Tilda Swinton, Michael Winterbottom To Receive Career Excellence Nods at Abu Dhabi Film Festival
Swinton starrer 'We Need To Talk About Kevin" and Winterbotttom's "Trishna" both screening during festival.
LONDON – Actress Tilda Swinton and filmmaker Michael Winterbottom are to receive a Black Pearl Career Excellence award during this year’s Abu Dhabi Film Festival.
Swinton, an Oscar winner for Michael Clayton, and Winterbottom, whose directing resume boasts The Trip, The Road to Guantanamo and Welcome to Sarajevo, are both scheduled to receive the awards before the event ends Oct. 22.
Winterbottom is in Abu Dhabi to present his most recent feature Trishna, starring Freida Pinto and will get his nod Thursday.
Swinton is set to receive her honor at the Festival’s awards ceremony Oct. 21.
Swinton starrer We Need to Talk About Kevin made its Middle East debut at the Festival last week.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR