Tim Blake Nelson joins Drew Barrymore film
THR EXCLUSIVE: Ken Kwapis attached to direct
Tim Blake Nelson has joined John Krasinski and Drew Barrymore in "Everybody Loves Whales," a Working Title project for Universal.
Set in Cold War-era 1988, "Whales" tells the true story of a small-town news reporter (Krasinski) and a Greenpeace volunteer (Barrymore) who enlist the help of rival superpowers to save three majestic gray whales trapped under the ice of the Arctic Circle.
Ken Kwapis is attached to direct "Whales," which is based on Tom Rose's nonfiction book "Freeing the Whales: How the Media Created the World's Greatest Non-Event."
Nelson will play a wildlife expert who works in the wildlife-management office.
Kristen Bell also is in the cast of the movie, which shoots in the fall.
Nelson recently wrapped shooting "The Big Year," with Jack Black, Steve Martin and Owen Wilson and is filming the independent feature "Flypaper," starring Patrick Dempsey and Ashley Judd. He also stars in Brett Ratner's pilot "Chaos," which was picked up to series by CBS.
Nelson is repped by UTA and Gateway Management Co.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!