Tim Goodman Joins Hollywood Reporter as Chief TV Critic
The veteran journalist will blog and review, in addition to writing business pieces.
Tim Goodman has joined The Hollywood Reporter as Chief Television Critic.
Goodman, the longtime TV critic, columnist and blogger (The Bastard Machine) for the San Francisco Chronicle, will write television reviews for the Reporter in print and online, as well as launch a blog on THR.com. Goodman’s blog will be a companion to THR’s successful Live Feed TV blog on THR.com.
“I’m excited to join the Hollywood Reporter,” Goodman said. “It was hard to leave the Chronicle but I really think the vision of the new THR is great. I wanted to get in right at the start.”
In addition to being one of the most distinctive voices writing about television, Goodman also regularly authors trend and analysis pieces about the TV business.
He joins the respected roster of critics at THR, which recently added Todd McCarthy as Chief Film Critic and named Kirk Honeycutt as International Critic. Goodman’s first reviews will appear in the launch edition of the new Hollywood Reporter on Nov. 3; an iPad version of the magazine will be available that day as well.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David