Tim Robbins' Mother, Musician Mary Robbins, Dies Days After Her Husband
Her death comes just 12 days after that of the actor's father, folk singer Gil Robbins.
Musician Mary Robbins, the mother of actor-director Tim Robbins, has died of a heart arrhythmia at her home in Esteban Cantu, Mexico, the Associated Press reported. She was 78.
Her death Sunday came just 12 days after the death of her husband, Gil Robbins, who was a member of the folk band the Highwaymen in the 1960s. They were married 59 years.
Mary Robbins studied music at UCLA and performed professionally during the 1950s. She successfully battled colon cancer and went on to earn a bachelor’s degree in holistic nutrition. She also volunteered at a clinic in Mexcio.
Robbins told the Associated Press that his mother "had a calm and cheerful demeanor, a sharp wit, a gentle spirit and a generous and loving heart."
She is survived by four children and four grandchildren.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR