Tim Robbins' Mother, Musician Mary Robbins, Dies Days After Her Husband
Her death comes just 12 days after that of the actor's father, folk singer Gil Robbins.
Musician Mary Robbins, the mother of actor-director Tim Robbins, has died of a heart arrhythmia at her home in Esteban Cantu, Mexico, the Associated Press reported. She was 78.
Her death Sunday came just 12 days after the death of her husband, Gil Robbins, who was a member of the folk band the Highwaymen in the 1960s. They were married 59 years.
Mary Robbins studied music at UCLA and performed professionally during the 1950s. She successfully battled colon cancer and went on to earn a bachelor’s degree in holistic nutrition. She also volunteered at a clinic in Mexcio.
Robbins told the Associated Press that his mother "had a calm and cheerful demeanor, a sharp wit, a gentle spirit and a generous and loving heart."
She is survived by four children and four grandchildren.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)