Timbaland Joins Jay-Z's Roc Nation
The duo most recently collaborated on Justin Timberlake's comeback single, "Suit & Tie."
Music producer and artist Timbaland signed this week with Roc Nation, the multi-faceted music org founded by fellow artist-producer Jay-Z in 2008.
Posts on both Roc Nation’s website and Jay-Z’s Life + Times blog confirm the signing, with a photo of both artists sitting in a recording studio with the caption: "Roc Nation Welcomes Timbaland To The Family." At the time of the announcement, it was not made clear what role Timbaland will have at the company -- a record label, management company and publishing firm.
Timbaland has previously worked with artists including Missy Elliot, Destiny’s Child, Ludacris and Snoop Dogg. He also produced the majority of tracks on Justin Timberlake’s 2006 album FutureSex/LoveSounds.
As for Jay-Z and Timbaland collaborations, the two can trace their past to 1998, when Tim produced two tracks on Jay-Z’s album Vol. 2… Hard Knock Life. From there, he’s been a producer on four of Jay-Z’s last eight albums.
The headline on the photo that was run on the Life + Times website reads, “And I Won’t Surrender It With Beats By TIMBALAND,” lyrics from a Jay-Z rapped, Timbaland-produced track titled Hola’ Hovito.
The two artists’ most recent collaboration was with Timberlake on his new single, "Suit & Tie."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR