Time Warner Cable Launches TWC TV for iPhone
The latest offer from the second-largest U.S. cable operator allows subscribers to watch live TV from within the home, change channels on their set-top box and manage their DVR from their iPhone.
NEW YORK - Time Warner Cable said on Friday that it has launched TWC TV for Apple's iPhone.
TWC TV allows subscribers of the second-largest U.S. cable operator to watch live TV from within the home, change channels on their set-top box and manage their DVR from their iPhone.
The features are available at no additional cost to Time Warner Cable video customers that have a broadband connection. The interactive program guide, channel tuning and DVR management features require a set-top box or DVR using the “Navigator” interactive program guide. The company said the TWC TV app is now available for download from the App Store. It didn't say how many users it expects to draw.
TW Cable was one of the most visible pay TV providers at CES 2012 this month, which drew a positive review from Wells Fargo analyst Marci Ryvicker.
Last year, TW Cable ended up in disputes with such cable network owners as Viacom over streamed content on iPads that the cable operator had made available.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR