Time Warner Promotes Howard Averill to CFO Post
He will succeed John Martin, who will become CEO of Turner Broadcasting System, as of January.
Time Warner said Monday that Howard Averill would become the company’s next CFO at the start of 2014.
Chairman and CEO Jeff Bewkes made the announcement that Averill would succeed John Martin, who will become CEO of Turner Broadcasting System, early on Monday.
The executive is currently CFO of Time Inc., which TW will spin off by year's end, and is a former CFO of NBC Universal Television.
“Howard has been an exemplary leader and a stabilizing force at Time Inc. through a period of tremendous change," Bewkes said. "His financial acumen, sound judgment and broad understanding of our businesses will be an asset to Time Warner’s management team and our company. Howard brings a great blend of integrity, effectiveness and an understated collegial style to his new role.”
For a 10-month period in 2011, Averill was part of a three-member executive team that led Time Inc.
Said the executive: “It’s been a great privilege to work alongside many talented colleagues at Time Inc., who have accomplished so much during an eventful time in media. I am grateful to Jeff Bewkes and John Martin for giving me the opportunity to grow personally and professionally in that role, and I’m excited and look forward to joining Time Warner’s management team.”
Averill joined Time Inc. in 2007 after leaving his post as executive vp and CFO at NBC Universal Television. Before his 10 years at NBCUniversal, Averill was an executive at ITT/ Sheraton Corp. and also held positions at Pepsi-Cola and Arthur Andersen.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack