Tina Fey, Eva Longoria Top List of Highest-Paid TV Actresses
The "30 Rock" and "Desperate Housewives" stars each earned $13 million in a year.
30 Rock star Tina Fey and Desperate Housewives' Eva Longoria are the highest-paid actresses working in TV, according to rankings released Wednesday by Forbes.
Each of the actresses earned $13 million in the one-year span (May 2010 to May 2011) upon which Forbes based its list.
Fey also serves as head writer and executive producer on her NBC comedy, which is airing in syndication and does well in DVD sales. Fey's first book, Bossypants, sold 150,000 in the first month after its April release.
Longoria, meanwhile, leads the Housewives cast in money earned thanks to rich endorsement deals with L'Oreal and LG. However, her co-stars also are in the top 10: Marcia Cross comes in at third with $10 million, while Felicity Huffman and Teri Hatcher tied for fifth with $9 million. (Their ABC dramedy is in its final season on ABC.)
Tying for third with Cross are two procedural stars: Mariska Hargitay (NBC's Law & Order: SVU) and Marg Helgenberger (CBS' CSI).
In determining its rankings, Forbes staff spoke to lawyers, producer and agents to estimate the actresses’ total gross earnings, which don’t take into account agent/manager fees and similar items.
The complete top 10 list follows:
1-2. Tina Fey and Eva Longoria (tie), $13 million
3-5. Marcia Cross, Mariska Kargitay and Marg Helgenberger (tie), $10 million
6-7. Teri Hatcher and Felicity Huffman (tie), $9 million
8-9. Courteney Cox and Ellen Pompeo (tie) $7 million
10. Julianna Margulies, $6 million
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR