Tina Fey on Hosting the Oscars: 'No Way'
The "Admission" star won raves as this year's Golden Globes co-host with Amy Poehler.
When Seth MacFarlane emceed this year's Oscars in his first-ever gig as host of the telecast, the Family Guy creator recruited William Shatner for a surprise appearance via satellite. Shatner, flashing in "from the future" to tell MacFarlane how he fared in the role, asked: "Why can't they get Tina and Amy to host?"
Cue audience laughter and and a flurry of tweets quoting Shatner. Which begs the question: following Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's widely acclaimed performance co-hosting the 2013 Golden Globes, couldn't they sign on to do the same for the Academy Awards next year?
In an interview with the Huffington Post, Fey dismisses the idea, saying: "I just feel like that gig is so hard. Especially for, like, a woman -- the amount of months that would be spent trying on dresses alone ... no way."
She says, however: "It's an honor to be Shatnered."
Fey recently wrapped up the final season of her critically beloved NBC series 30 Rock and will next be seen on the big screen in the comedy Admission opposite Paul Rudd. That film opens March 22.
As for MacFarlane, who received mixed reviews for his envelope-pushing turn as Oscar host, apparently has no plans to accept the position in 2014. "No way. Lotta fun to have done it though," he tweeted Tuesday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR