Tina Fey Joining Jason Bateman in 'This Is Where I Leave You' (Exclusive)
Shawn Levy is directing Warners' adaptation of the Jonathan Tropper book.
Tina Fey continues to shape her post-30 Rock acting slate, entering negotiations to star alongside Jason Bateman in This Is Where I Leave You, Warner Bros.' adaptation of the book by Jonathan Tropper.
Shawn Levy is directing the movie and producing along with Paula Weinstein.
Tropper wrote the script, which centers on a man (Bateman) whose father dies and tasks his dysfunctional family comprised of four grown siblings with one last request: to spend seven days following the funeral together under the same roof for first time in a decade.
If a deal comes together, Fey will play Bateman’s older sister, a woman who is married and whose first love now has brain damage.
The project, which is eyeing a production start in June in New York, also is casting other female roles: Bateman read actresses Ari Graynor, Isla Fisher, Zoe Saldana and Mary Elizabeth Winstead for the part of the romantic lead, but no decision has been made. Kathryn Hahn is looking likely to play Bateman's sister-in-law.
Fey is expected to segue into the role after she wraps shooting a leading role in Disney’s The Muppets…Again!, the sequel to The Muppets, which is currently shooting in Europe.
Fey is repped by WME, 3 Arts Entertainment, Ziffren Brittenham.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR