Tina Fey to Star in, Produce 'Taliban Shuffle' for Paramount
Lorne Michaels will also produce the adaptation of journalist Kim Barker's wartime memoir.
Paramount has picked up The Taliban Shuffle, an adaptation of journalist Kim Barker’s wartime memoir as a starring vehicle for Tina Fey.
Fey is attached to star in and produce the adaptation with her former Saturday Night Live boss and 30 Rock cohort Lorne Michaels.
Robert Carlock, who worked with Fey as a writer on 30 Rock, has penned the script for Shuffle, which tells of Barker’s arrival as a fish-out-of-water in Kabul, filing stories about militants, being a woman in wartime Iraq and Pakistan, dealing with boredom interspersed with dashes of violence and the promiscuous war correspondent culture.
The memoir, released in March 2012, has been described as showing the absurdities of war through a lens of black humor. Fey optioned the book, bringing on Carlock and Michaels. She will produce via her Little Stranger shingle. No director is attached.
Paramount had no comment on the deals.
Fey is coming off a successful co-hosting gig of the 71st Golden Globe Awards and will next be seen co-starring in Muppets Most Wanted. She also has the ensemble dramedy This Is Where I Leave You slated for a Sept. 12 release.
She is repped by WME and 3 Arts Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game