Tina Turner Marries German Record Exec Erwin Bach (Report)
The music icon will celebrate her nuptials in a Buddhist ceremony in Switzerland.
Tina Turner has tied the knot with her longtime partner Erwin Bach.
Turner, 73, and Bach, 57, will celebrate their nuptials this weekend in a Buddhist ceremony at Switzerland’s Kusnacht Manor, according to Swiss media reports. The guest list for the 120-person event reportedly includes David Bowie, Oprah Winfrey, Italian musician Eros Ramazzotti and British singer and producer Sade.
Guests are being asked to wear white to Sunday’s celebration. A Swiss official confirmed to France’s AFP the wedding took place “several days ago.” She’ll wear a white gown by Giorgio Armani, according to Swiss weekly Schweiz am Sonntag.
Turner was famously married to collaborator Ike Turner from 1962-78. She began dating Bach, a German record executive, in the mid-1980s, and the couple has lived together in Zurich, Switzerland, since 1995.
Turner became a citizen of the country in April, giving up her U.S. passport.
"I'm very happy in Switzerland and I feel at home here. ... I cannot imagine a better place to live," she told German media in January when she announced her decision.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR