'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' to Open 22nd Stockholm Film Festival
Viggo Mortensen, Isabelle Huppert and director Luc Besson among the VIPs set to attend the Swedish festival.
COLOGNE, Germany – British spy film Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy from Swedish director Tomas Alfredson will open the 22nd Stockholm International Film Festival (Nov. 9 - 20) while the fest will close with Pedro Almodovar’s horror thriller The Skin I Live In.
Scandinavian directors will have a more prominent place than usual in this year’s lineup, with L.A. noir drama Drive from Denmark’s Nicolas Winding Refn; Swedish period drama Simon and the Oaks from Lisa Ohlin and Joachim Trier’s Cannes entry Oslo, 31 August among the more prominent titles screening.
American indie director Whit Stillman will chair the festival jury and will present his latest, Damsels in Distress in an out of competition screening. The drama is Stillman’s first film since his acclaimed The Last Days of Disco in 1998.
Among the VIPs heading to Stockholm this year are French actress Isabelle Huppert, who will receive a lifetime achievement award; Mexican helmer Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, the recipient of this year’s Visionary Award; actor Viggo Mortensen, attending to screen David Cronenberg’s A Dangerous Method and French director Luc Besson, who will screen his Aung San Suu Kyi biopic The Lady.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!