'Tintin' Becomes Highest Grossing Animated Film In India
Steven Spielberg's film has grossed $5 million at the Indian box office since its Nov. 11 release and continues to play at cinemas.
NEW DELHI – According to Sony Pictures India, The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn has become the highest grossing animated film in India grossing about 254.4 million rupees ($5 million) at the Indian box office after it opened here four weeks ago.
Earlier, Tintin recorded the highest all-time bow for an animated film in India with its 73.5 million-rupee opening weekend gross, when it released on Nov. 11 with 351 prints in both English and Hindi and in 3D, 2D and IMAX 3D formats. Currently, 146 prints of the Steven Spielberg film remain in cinemas.
“The film has been bolstered by strong word-of-mouth and we expect it to play for several more weeks. It is bringing in a lot of bulk bookings and repeat audiences because of the great 3D experience,” said Sony Pictures India MD Kercy Daruwala.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR