'Titanic' 3D Gets Release Date
James Cameron's movie, starring Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio, will be rereleased worldwide April 6, 2012.
Titanic is sailing back into theaters around the world April 6, 2012.
James Cameron's movie is getting rereleased in 3D via Paramount Pictures, 20th Century Fox and Lightstorm Entertainment.
The date was chosen to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the ship setting sail (April 10).
The 3D conversion is being overseen by Cameron -- who wrote, directed and produced the movie -- and his Lightstorm producing partner Jon Landau, who also produced.
"There's a whole generation that's never seen Titanic as it was meant to be seen, on the big screen," Cameron said. "And this will be Titanic as you've never seen it before, digitally remastered at 4K and painstakingly converted to 3D. With the emotional power intact and the images more powerful than ever, this will be an epic experience for fans and newcomers alike."
Paramount chairman/CEO Brad Grey noted that the rerelease coincides with the 100th anniversary of the studio, while Fox Filmed Entertainment chairmen/CEOs Jim Gianopulos and Tom Rothman added that Titanic is "one of the greatest sources of pride" in studio history.
Titanic -- which stars Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio -- is the second-highest-grossing movie of all time, behind Cameron's Avatar.
The movie, which was nominated for a record 11 Oscars, was first released in 1997.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)