'Titanic' 3D to Preview for Fans on Valentine's Day
The sold-out screenings will be held around the globe; moviegoers rushing to sign up crash computer servers.
Paramount and 20th Century Fox will celebrate Valentine's Day by hosting advance screenings of James Cameron's Titanic in 3D, which doesn't officially open in theaters until April 6.
The free previews, held in cities around the world, sold out within hours (crashing mutliple computer servers in the process) of first being offered Tuesday. The screenings will be presented exclusively in RealD 3D.
Cameron's original Titanic earned $1.8 billion upon its release in 1997 and was the top-grossing film of all time for more than a decade until Cameron topped it with Avatar ($2.8 billion).
Cameron and his producing partner Jon Landau have spent years working on the 3D conversion of Titanic, harnessing the innovative technology of StereoD.
The rerelease of Titanic on April 6 coincides with the 100th anniversary of the real-life Titanic setting sail.
Fox has another film opening on Valentine's Day, This Means War.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR