Titanic Miniseries to Sail Into Cannes for MIPTV
ITV Studios and Lookout Point will host a gala screening of the mini-series and Q&A session with Oscar-winning writer Julian Fellowes and cast members.
Titanic will dock at Cannes’ port when the new international miniseries screens at this year’s MIPTV on April 1, organizers Reed MIDEM said on Thursday.
The miniseries’ distributor ITV Studios Global Entertainment and Lookout Point will host a gala screening followed by a conversation with the creators and cast members of the show including Oscar-winning writer Julian Fellowes.
The ITV Studios co-production with Shaw Media, Deep Indigo Productions, Lookout Point, Sienna Films Inc. and Mid Atlantic Films was filmed in Hungary and has already been sold to more than 80 countries. Produced by Nigel Stafford-Clark and Chris Thompson, the four one-hour episodes will hit small screens everywhere in March and April marking the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the famous ship. Fellowes, who has won an Oscar for Gosford Park and an Emmy Award for Downton Abbey, will join the mini-series’ cast members for a Q&A session following the screening of the first episode. The Titanic cast and execs will also make an appearance at the red carpet of MIPTV’s opening night soirée that evening.
“We are delighted and honored to host this exceptional gala screening of such a prestigious drama mini-series. As a major co-production, it coincides particularly well with our focus on drama co-production at this MIPTV and will be one of its highlights,” director of Reed MIDEM’s Television Division Laurine Garaude said.
The screening is especially symbolic for Lookout Point’s managing director Simon Vaughan, Titanic’s executive producer, who explained: “MIPTV and MIPCOM had been hugely important to the financing of Titanic. Julian and I were here with ITVS GE 18 months ago talking to potential partners and co-producers, so it feels most fitting to celebrate its launch with a gala screening here in Cannes.”
The 2012 MIPTV market runs from April 1-4 in Cannes.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kristen Bell Stuns In Pink Gown With Thigh-High Slit At 'Veronica Mars' Premiere
- Jennifer Lopez Rocks Neon Skinny Jeans On 'American Idol' Set
- Khloe Kardashian Wows In Curve-Hugging Dress At Miami Dash Opening
- Mindfulness in Everyday Life -- So You Want to Be Famous? What You Need to Know About Celebrity
- Amazon Is Raising the Price of Amazon Prime
- Lars’s Real Girl: Charlotte Gainsbourg on Fame, Nymphomaniac, and Working With von Trier
- Edelstein on Le Week-End: Unbelievably Marvelous, in Light of Its Depressing Trajectory
- Ebiri: If Need for Speed Were a Silent Movie, It Would Be the Most Amazing Racing Movie Ever