'Titanic' to Sail On 149 Imax Screens Globally
James Cameron's 3D theatrical release will receive a limited engagement from April 4 in the super-sized theaters, simultaneous with a wide theatrical release.
TORONTO – James Cameron’s 3D theatrical re-release of Titanic will screen on 149 Imax screens internationally from April 4.
The giant screen exhibitor on Thursday said a digitally remastered version of the Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox release will open in 79 domestic theaters, simultaneous with Titanic’s wide release on April 4.
And another 70 digital Imax screens abroad will show Titanic, which first bowed in December 1997 on its way to grossing $1.8 billion globally and becoming the second-highest grossing film of all time.
The re-release comes ahead of the 100th anniversary of the doomed ship's sinking on April 15.
Additional international playdates will be added by Imax in the coming weeks.
"We're excited to work again with our partners at Fox, Lightstorm and Paramount as we present the next iteration of the Titanic story and transport audiences into this compelling tale like never before,” Greg Foster, Imax president of filmed entertainment, said in a statement.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10