Title Change: 'Dracula' Renamed 'Dracula Untold'
Michael De Luca is producing the origins story for Universal.
TORONTO -- Universal has sunk its teeth into a new title for its 2014 Dracula pic -- Dracula Untold.
The film is being directed by Gary Shore and stars Luke Evans. The movie's Oct. 3, 2014, release date was previously announced.
Dracula Untold, produced by Michael De Luca, tells the origin story of the man who became the most famous vampire in the world.
The Book of Life, an animated comedy, is the only other film currently slated to open opposite Dracula Untold.
Dracula has been rumored to be one of the Universal titles that Legendary Entertainment could agree to co-finance under its new deal with the studio.
In July, Universal Pictures and Legendary officially agreed to enter into a five-year production and co-financing partnership, starting in 2014, in which Universal will market and distribute Legendary's movies worldwide. Legendary, which produced Pacific Rim and Man of Steel, will end its current financing, production and distribution pact with Warner Bros. at the end of 2013.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game