TiVo, Dish/EchoStar Settle Legal Dispute Over DVRs
The satellite TV firms will pay the DVR provider $500 million, less than analysts had projected, and work with it on promoting the Blockbuster digital video service.
NEW YORK - TiVo Inc. and Charlie Ergen’s Dish Network and EchoStar Corp. said Monday that they have settled all their ongoing patent litigation. Under the terms of the settlement, Dish and EchoStar agreed to pay TiVo $500 million.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR