TLC Plans Week-Long Programming Around Royal Wedding
Leading up to Prince William's nuptials, the network will offer a slew of royals-themed shows and specials.
NEW YORK – Discovery Communications’ TLC will provide five days of coverage about Britain’s royals ahead of this spring’s wedding of Prince William.
In the days leading up to his April 29 nuptials with Kate Middleton, the network, in partnership with ITV Studios, will air specials, interviews with royals, a round-table discussion with experts and a show focusing on "extreme" collectors of royal memorabilia.
TLC also plans live coverage of the wedding, with a condensed version of the event set to air April 30-May 1, the network said.
TLC’s wedding-themed shows include Four Weddings and Say Yes to the Dress.
"With the success of TLC's wedding shows, we wanted to get behind this epic event in a big way and provide our viewers with this special lineup to help enhance their overall Royal experience leading into the wedding," said Nancy Daniels, TLC's senior vp of programming and development. "ITV Studios America are the perfect partners to have on this project due to their expertise on the Royals and their vital relationships in London."
Said ITV Studios America president and CEO Paul Buccieri: "This is without question the most widely anticipated wedding in a generation,"
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR