TLC Promotes Development Exec Amy Savitsky
She will continue to lead East Coast development and will also be responsible for production on select programs.
TLC has promoted Amy Savitsky to senior vp program development, the cable network announced Wednesday.
Savitsky, who was previously vp development, will report to TLC general manager Amy Winter. She will continue to lead the East Coast development efforts, and will also be responsible for production on select programs. Savitsky is based in Silver Spring, Md.
“Amy has shown a remarkable passion for storytelling and strong instincts for finding real-life characters that really connect with our audience. She’s been the force behind some of TLC’s most breakout hits, and we’re confident Amy will continue to be a part of the network’s pop culture dominance,” said Winter.
Since joining TLC in August 2011, Savitsky has shepherded several new series to the network including Family S.O.S. With Jo Frost, Breaking Amish, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and My 600-lb Life.
Savitsky has worked at Discovery Communications since 2011. At Discovery Channel, she developed Alaska: The Last Frontier and Property Wars. At Discovery Health, she was responsible for series including Hoarding: Buried Alive and My Strange Addiction. She has also worked at DreamWorks SKG.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!