TNT Orders 'On the Menu' Cooking Series From Mark Burnett
The 10-episode series will premiere in 2014.
TNT has ordered a new cooking series.
From prolific TV producer Mark Burnett, On the Menu (working title) has been given a 10-episode order and will launch in 2014, the cable network announced Monday.
On the Menu offers viewers the chance to taste the dishes they see on screen. Each episode of On the Menu will center on a different American food business, from restaurant chains and stadium concession stands to amusement parks and cruise lines. Home cooks, working with professional chefs, will be challenged to create the business' next signature menu item. The winning dish goes on the menu, giving viewers at home the chance to go try the dish the very next day.
"On the Menu is a terrific concept, bringing home cooks, professional chefs and popular eateries together in a competition setting, then giving viewers the chance to taste the winning dishes themselves," said David Eilenberg, senior vp unscripted development for TNT and TBS. "We are very excited to be working with Mark Burnett once again, especially on a show as fun and unique as On the Menu."
"We are excited to offer the viewer at home a unique opportunity to actually be part of our series," said Burnett. "To be able to taste the winning dish the next day brings the series tangibly into the viewer's own life experience."
Burnett (The Bible, The Voice, Survivor) serves as executive producer for On the Menu, which is being produced by One Three Media, Burnett's joint venture with Hearst Corporation. Trust Me, I'm a Game Show Host, which also hails from Burnett's One Three Media, premieres Oct. 22.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10