TNT Renews 'Perception'
The drama starring Eric McCormack has been picked up for 13 episodes.
TNT has renewed Perception for a second season.
The cable network has ordered 13 episodes of the Eric McCormack drama to premiere next year. The Monday night drama ranks as No. 2 behind TNT's Major Crimes as cable's top new scripted debut thus far this year.
"Perception has captured the imagination of TNT's audience of armchair detectives with wonderfully intricate cases, emotionally charged situations and, of course, a terrific cast led by Eric McCormack," said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies. "Daniel Pierce is a truly unique and fascinating addition to television's pantheon of crime solvers. We look forward to seeing where Perception takes us next."
Perception centers on Dr. Daniel Pierce (McCormack), an eccentric neuroscience professor with paranoid schizophrenia who is recruited by the FBI to help solve complex cases. Rachael Leigh Cook, Arjay Smith, LeVar Burton and Kelly Rowan co-star in the ABC Studios drama.
The series was created by Ken Biller (Star Trek: Voyager, Smallville) and co-executive producer Mike Sussman (Star Trek: Enterprise), with McCormack serving as producer.
The season finale for Perception will air in September.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR