Tobey Maguire, Magic Johnson Enlisted for Wendy Greuel Campaign Fundraiser
UPDATED: Norman Lear, Bruce Cohen, Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino and Gabe Catone will also cosponsor the May 6 event, held at the Hollywood House of Blues.
With both Los Angeles’ mayoral candidates saturating the ad market in advance of the coming runoff election, Wendy Greuel has enlisted a group of A-list entertainment industry names for a fundraiser at the House of Blues on the evening of Monday, May 6.
Cosponsors and hosts of the event include Magic Johnson, Bruce Cohen and Gabe Catone, Lyn and Norman Lear, Tobey and Jennifer Maguire and political strategist Noah Mamet. The fundraiser is being organized by Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino, a long time Greuel supporter.
Depending on which poll is more accurately capturing the mood of what’s likely to be a very small electorate, Greuel either trails City Councilman Eric Garcetti by ten points or leads him by about three points. With the campaign’s closing weeks taking a sharply negative turn, both candidates are relying heavily on supporters in Hollywood and, in Greuel’s case, organized labor to fund a late advertising surge.
Tickets for the House of Blues reception, optimistically billed as an event for the “future mayor,” range from $250 to $1300.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David