Toby Kebbell to star in 'The Veteran'
Matthew Hope's wartime drama shoots this month in U.K.
LONDON -- Toby Kebbell is dusting down his fatigues to star in Matthew Hope's "The Veteran," a British indie production about a young soldier returning here from Afghanistan targeted as a clandestine operative to monitor suspected terrorists in the U.K.
Kebbell has signed up alongside Brian Cox, Ashley Thomas, Adi Bielski and Tom Brooke for the movie scripted by director Hope, former SAS counter-terrorism specialist Robert Henry Craft and Adam Tysoe.
The picture is scheduled to shoot later this month on location around London and at Elstree Studios.
Kebbell's resume includes a turn in Shane Meadows' "Dead Man's Shoes," Oliver Stone's "Alexander" and "RocknRolla" directed by Guy Ritchie.
The script explores the link between the war on terror and the war on drugs, from the soldiers on the front line to the drug dealers on the streets of Britain and how both are controlled and manipulated directly and indirectly by the government.
The film is bankrolled through private equity, via Premiere Picture and Lypsync Productions. Kim Leggatt and Debbie Shuter will produce the movie through DMK Productions which writer/director Matthew Hope is a partner.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR