Toby Kebbell to star in 'The Veteran'
Matthew Hope's wartime drama shoots this month in U.K.
LONDON -- Toby Kebbell is dusting down his fatigues to star in Matthew Hope's "The Veteran," a British indie production about a young soldier returning here from Afghanistan targeted as a clandestine operative to monitor suspected terrorists in the U.K.
Kebbell has signed up alongside Brian Cox, Ashley Thomas, Adi Bielski and Tom Brooke for the movie scripted by director Hope, former SAS counter-terrorism specialist Robert Henry Craft and Adam Tysoe.
The picture is scheduled to shoot later this month on location around London and at Elstree Studios.
Kebbell's resume includes a turn in Shane Meadows' "Dead Man's Shoes," Oliver Stone's "Alexander" and "RocknRolla" directed by Guy Ritchie.
The script explores the link between the war on terror and the war on drugs, from the soldiers on the front line to the drug dealers on the streets of Britain and how both are controlled and manipulated directly and indirectly by the government.
The film is bankrolled through private equity, via Premiere Picture and Lypsync Productions. Kim Leggatt and Debbie Shuter will produce the movie through DMK Productions which writer/director Matthew Hope is a partner.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David