'Toddlers and Tiaras' Becomes PTC Target After Girl, 3, Dresses as Prostitute (Video)
The Parents Television Council issued a scathing memo criticizing TLC's pageant-based reality show, which also recently featured a 4-year-old wearing fake breasts to look like Dolly Parton.
The TLC Toddlers and Tiaras controversy train keeps on rolling.
One week after an episode of the show, which featured a 4-year old wearing fake breasts and butt-pads to be dressed as Dolly Parton, caused viewer and critical outrage (and forced TLC to take down its Facebook wall because of negative feedback), the Parents Television Council issued a scathing statement about another segment on the show.
TLC has been airing a promo spot that shows a young girl channeling Julia Roberts' prostitute character in Pretty Woman.
"We have a serious problem when The Learning Channel features a toddler, who probably hasn't even learned to read, dressed as a prostitute showing off her sexy strut," Melissa Henson, director of communications and public education for the PTC tells The Hollywood Reporter.
"There's no question, TV executives are complicit in robbing these small kids of their childhood," she continues. "For years we've seen adults sexuality being inappropriately and aggressively foisted on innocent young children, but children today are being sexualized at younger and younger ages. All available data suggests they will suffer for it later in life."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack