Tom Cruise Is Guest of Honor at All-Star Bollywood Party in Mumbai
The actor is in India to attend a screening and promote "Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol."
Following his visit to the Taj Mahal on Saturday, Tom Cruise arrived in Mumbai the same evening as part of his India visit to promote Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.
"Tom was absolutely mesmerised by the Taj Mahal. He found it incredible. He loved the fact that such a monument could be built in the 15th century. He loved every moment of it,” leading Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor -- who has a cameo role in Ghost Protocol and accompanied Cruise to the Taj Mahal -- told the Hindustan Times newspaper.
A special screening of the film will take place Sunday evening at an Imax theater in the city.
Cruise is staying at Mumbai's Taj Mahal Hotel located near the historic landmark Gateway of India. Kapoor hosted an exclusive party Saturday night at the hotel for Cruise attended by about 150 handpicked guests including Bollywood A-listers such as superstar Aamir Khan and actress Katrina Kaif, among other leading figures.
Cruise and Kapoor will attend the Sunday screening which is planned as a red carpet event attended by Bollywood personalities and invited fans.
Cruise is expected to leave Mumbai late Sunday heading to Dubai where the film will have its world premiere Wednesday.
Ghost Protocol will be released in India by Viacom18 Motion Pictures on December 16.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR