Tom Cruise Closing Deal to Co-Star in 'Rock of Ages'
The actor will play Jaxx, who sings Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" in the theater production from which the film is adapted.
Tom Cruise is in final negotiations to co-star in Rock of Ages, New Line's adaptation of the hit stage musical about 1980s rockers. Adam Shankman is directing from a script by Chris D'Arienzo.
Cruise has been circling the project since October. He will play Stacee Jaxx, the arrogant and charming star at the top of his career. Jaxx sings Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead of Alive" in the theater production. Alec Baldwin and Russell Brand are also circling big roles in the film but do not have deals yet.
Shankman's Offspring Entertainment, Tobey Maguire's Maguire Entertainment and Corner Store Entertainment are producing. Production is shooting for a May start date.
Cruise is repped by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'