Tom Cruise: 'Oblivion' Quotes Taken Out of Context in German Interview
Cruise's representation says comments about his career and upcoming film were misattributed as a discussion of his break up with ex-wife Katie Holmes.
Tom Cruise's representation has said comments he made to German TV in an interview to promote his upcoming film Oblivion were misrepresented as being about his divorce from Katie Holmes.
"Life is a challenge. To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you — that's what life is. … Life is tragicomic. You need a certain sense of humor," Cruise said to Taff, a E! Entertainment style magazine on German network ProSieben.
German entertainment tabloid Bunte posted Cruise's comments as the star opening up for the first time about his split from Holmes. The story was picked up by websites around the world - including this one.
ProSieben has since said that the Taff interview was about Cruise's experience on Oblivion and his long career, not about his personal life. Bunte could not initially be reached for comment.
Oblivion opens in the U.S. on April 19.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack