Tom Cruise Plans Imax Q&A to Promote Universal Pictures' 'Oblivion'
The actor will be joined on stage by director Joseph Kosinski in a post-screening talk to be simulcast at ten Imax theaters on April 15.
TORONTO -- Imax is to follow up an April 15 screening of Universal Pictures’ Oblivion with a live Q&A with Tom Cruise and director Joseph Kosinski.
The appearance by Cruise and Kosinski will be simulcast between New York City and nine other Imax theaters, including in Los Angeles, Philadelphia and Dallas.
The Oblivion Q&A will come ahead of the nationwide release on April 19, with special Imax previews in Imax theaters to start on April 18.
"We're excited to team up with our partners at Universal and Los Angeles Times for this exciting Hero Complex event -- offering fans who are feverishly anticipating this cinematic spectacle an early way to connect with the film by speaking directly with Tom Cruise and Joe Kosinski," said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Entertainment, in a statement Tuesday.
Imax super-sized Oblivion with a larger aspect ratio than the conventional release of the film.
The Hero Complex screening series involving Imax previously featured Kosinski’s Tron: Legacy in 2010.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack