Tom Cruise regrets 'glib' comment
NEW YORK -- It took a few years, but Tom Cruise says he regrets the tongue-lashing he gave Matt Lauer on NBC's "Today" show the last time he was on.
Cruise says he didn't intend to come across as arrogant when he criticized Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants in 2005.
The conversation grew heated when the star told Lauer he was glib and didn't know about psychiatry.
Cruise, who has been a Scientologist for 25 years, agrees with the religion's long-running campaign against psychiatry and the pharmaceutical industry.
The mea culpa comes as Cruise is making rounds on talk-shows to promote his new movie, "Valkyrie."
Cruise stars as a would-be assassin of Adolf Hitler in "Valkyrie," which is to be released Dec. 25.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR