Tom Cruise’s 'Rock of Ages' Performance Praised by Def Leppard (Video)
The actor had trained his voice for just several months, but ended up impressing the rockers with his rendition of "Pour Some Sugar On Me" during a set visit.
Just ahead of the release of Rock of Ages, Tom Cruise has received positive reviews from two important critics: members of Def Leppard.
Rick Savage and Joe Elliott told the Associated Press they were impressed with Cruise’s voice, which they heard firsthand during a visit to the set of the New Line musical.
Cruise's fictional rock God Stacee Jaxx performs the Def Leppard classic “Pour Some Sugar On Me” in the film, and Savage and Elliot watched Cruise wail on their song.
“He said ‘I’ve never sung. I started taking lessons four or five months ago,’” recalled Elliott.
Elliott said the actor had been training his voice a few hours a day while shooting other films.
“I thought ‘Wow. If he’s got that good in four or five months, that’s much better than half the people in some of these talent shows.’"
Rock of Ages opens Friday and boasts a cast also featuring Alec Baldwin, Julianne Hough, Russell Brandand, and Bryan Cranston.
Watch the video below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR