Tom Cruise's 'Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol' Set for Early Imax Release in U.K.
Paramount Pictures and Imax to preview movie in large format before wide release.
LONDON – U.K. previews of Tom Cruise starrer Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol will be on Imax screens almost a week ahead of its wide rollout across British screens.
Imax and Paramount Pictures said the plan would be the first time a U.K. movie has been released early in Imax theaters.
The aim from both is to reinforce the “event nature” of the movie, some of which director Brad Bird shot scenes for using Imax cameras.
One of them sees Cruise scaling part of the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa Tower in Dubai, before performing a dizzying stunt by running down part of it attached to a fire hose.
Bird’s movie sees Cruise star alongside Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg and Paula Patton.
The picture will play big in Imax in the U.K. from Dec. 21 this year before going wide from Dec. 26 everywhere.
Imax also announced it is teaming with U.K. exhibition giant Cineworld Group for a revenue sharing agreement to install three new digital IMAX® theater systems in England and Scotland.
The systems will be installed in existing multiplexes in Edinburgh, Sheffield and Nottingham.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game