Tom Cruise's 'Top Gun' Getting 3D Makeover for Exclusive Imax Run
The 1986 classic was directed by the late Tony Scott.
Tom Cruise's 1986 classic Top Gun will be released in select Imax theaters on Feb. 8, after being converted to 3D, Paramount said Tuesday.
The six-day exclusive run precedes the film's debut on Blu-ray.
Under the supervision of the late Tony Scott, who directed the film, Top Gun was remastered from high-resolution original negative scans and painstakingly converted to 3D by Legend3D.
Produced by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer, Top Gun grossed more than $350 million worldwide. It also stars Kelly McGillis, Val Kilmer, Anthony Edwards and Meg Ryan.
Before Scott's death in August, he and Cruise were pursuing a Top Gun sequel for Paramount.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"