Tom Cruise's 'Top Gun' Getting 3D Makeover for Exclusive Imax Run
The 1986 classic was directed by the late Tony Scott.
Tom Cruise's 1986 classic Top Gun will be released in select Imax theaters on Feb. 8, after being converted to 3D, Paramount said Tuesday.
The six-day exclusive run precedes the film's debut on Blu-ray.
Under the supervision of the late Tony Scott, who directed the film, Top Gun was remastered from high-resolution original negative scans and painstakingly converted to 3D by Legend3D.
Produced by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer, Top Gun grossed more than $350 million worldwide. It also stars Kelly McGillis, Val Kilmer, Anthony Edwards and Meg Ryan.
Before Scott's death in August, he and Cruise were pursuing a Top Gun sequel for Paramount.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game