Tom DiCillo to Receive Retrospective at Munich Film Fest
German Fest to screen all of DiCillo's films as director and screenwriter.
COLOGNE, Germany - The Munich Film Festival will honor Indie film darling Tom DiCillo this year with a retrospective of his life's work. The Munich fest, which runs June 24 - July 2, will screen all of the films DiCillio both wrote and directed, including Steve Buscemi-starrer Living In Oblivion, Johnny Suede starring Brad Pitt and documentary The Doors - When You're Strange, narrated by Johnny Depp.
"For almost 30 years, Tom DiCillio has had a major influence on the development of independent cinema in the U.S.A," said outgoing Munich Festival director Andreas Strohl. "Here at the Munich Festival, the home of the American Independents in Germany, we are delighted to present his complete body of work."
DiCillio is no stranger to the Munich Fest. Four of his films had their German premieres here and the director has twice attended the festival, most recently for the screening of Double Whammy in 2001. DiCillo will attend the 2011 fest and will give a public Q&A session in Munich on June 26.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws