In a new interview with AnOther magazine, designer Tom Ford shares five key requirements to being a modern gentleman. In short form, they are:
1. Always put your best self forward in public.
2. Working and being passionate about what you do keeps boredom at bay.
3. Manners and an understanding of unwritten social rules are crucial.
4. Avoid pretension and discrimination.
5. Shorts and flip-flops are unacceptable attire in the city.
Ford helped turn around fashion powerhouse Gucci before creating his own brand, Tom Ford. In 2005, he opened his own film production company, Fade to Black. He made his directorial debut with A Single Man, which starred close friend Colin Firth.