Tom Hardy Joins BBC's 'Peaky Blinders'
The epic costume gangster drama casts Hardy opposite Cillian Murphy, reuniting the "Dark Knight Rises" and "Inception" actors.
LONDON – Tom Hardy has joined the cast of the BBC’s epic costume gangster drama Peaky Blinders, opposite Cillian Murphy.
The Rocketman actor will turn out as a charismatic leader who presents a unique opportunity to Murphy's character, Tommy Shelby, in the second season.
The move reunites Hardy with his Locke writer and director Steven Knight, who created Peaky Blinders and is writing all six episodes of the second series. Hardy also finds himself opposite Murphy once again, after working together in The Dark Knight Rises and Inception.
Hardy's casting in the show set U.K. social media alight as fans of the shows declared the producer's move to secure Hardy as "top casting."
The second season of Peaky Blinders starts shooting later this month and will air on BBC Two in the fall 2014.
It will see the Shelby family expand their empire as the 1920s begin to roar.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting