Tom Hardy Teams With Solar Pictures for 'Samarkand'
The "Dark Knight Rises" star will portray a soldier after a tour of duty suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.
LONDON -- Tom Hardy is teaming with Solar Pictures to develop Samarkand into a star vehicle for him as a British special forces soldier returning from the Middle East with post-traumatic stress disorder.
Hardy's character portrays a soldier struggling to re-integrate into society after his tour of duty with the British regiment, the SAS.
The script was written by Greg and Olly Williams, brothers who developed the picture with Hardy and Solar Pictures’ Bobby Paunescu.
The project will mark Greg Williams' feature debut.
His short film Sergeant Slaughter – My Big Brother, starred Hardy and won best director plaudits for him at the New York, Chicago and San Francisco Short Film Festivals.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical