Tom Hardy Teams With Solar Pictures for 'Samarkand'
The "Dark Knight Rises" star will portray a soldier after a tour of duty suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.
LONDON -- Tom Hardy is teaming with Solar Pictures to develop Samarkand into a star vehicle for him as a British special forces soldier returning from the Middle East with post-traumatic stress disorder.
Hardy's character portrays a soldier struggling to re-integrate into society after his tour of duty with the British regiment, the SAS.
The script was written by Greg and Olly Williams, brothers who developed the picture with Hardy and Solar Pictures’ Bobby Paunescu.
The project will mark Greg Williams' feature debut.
His short film Sergeant Slaughter – My Big Brother, starred Hardy and won best director plaudits for him at the New York, Chicago and San Francisco Short Film Festivals.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR