Tom Hiddleston to Appear on Korea's Version of 'Saturday Night Live'
The "Thor" star is expected to parody the dance moves of girl group Crayon Pop, the biggest K-pop sensation since "Gangnam Style."
SEOUL – Thor star Tom Hiddleston is set to appear on Saturday Night Live Korea this weekend to showcase his own spin on the much-parodied dance moves of K-pop act Crayon Pop.
Crayon Pop is a five-member girl band best known for the YouTube smash hit "Bar Bar Bar," featuring kitschy stage outfits and choreography. The group has since signed a licensing and partnership deal with Sony Music Entertainment.
For the show, Hiddleston will also be taking part in comic sequences satirizing the Thor and Avengers franchises.
He is the third non-Korean star after Jason Mraz and Miranda Kerr to appear on Saturday Day Night Live Korea. The late-night show is one of the few imports to do well in a market dominated by homespun programs, which are also extremely popular in other Asian countries.
Hiddleston and Kevin Feige, president of production at Marvel Studios, took part in a red carpet premiere for Thor: The Dark World at Yeongdeungpo Times Square in Seoul on Monday. Some 5,000 fans gathered for the occasion.
Thor: The Dark World is slated to be first released in South Korea, before other territories, on Oct. 30.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)