Tom Mazza Heads Up Shaftesbury Film's U.S. Push
The former Cookie Jar TV development exec in Los Angeles has shifted to rival Canadian indie Shaftesbury Films.
TORONTO – Canadian indie Shaftesbury Films has taken Tom Mazza from rival Cookie Jar Entertainment to launch a new division in Los Angeles.
Shaftesbury, which produces The Listener, which briefly aired on NBC stateside, said Mazza and Maggie Murphy, who also comes over from Cookie Jar, have become co-heads of Shaftesbury U.S., based in Los Angeles.
The hires means Cookie Jar is searching for new heads of its Los Angeles-based TV development arm.
Both Mazza and Murphy will report to Christina Jennings, chairman and CEO of Toronto-based Shaftesbury.
The local presence will mean Shaftesbury execs will no longer shuttle between Toronto and Los Angeles to pitch their projects to U.S. network programmers and generate cross-border U.S.-Canadian dramas like The Listener and CBS/CTV’s Flashpoint.
Mazza served as executive vp and head of worldwide television at Cookie Jar.
Before that, he co-founded Madison Road Entertainment, was president of Columbia TriStar Network Television and was a 12-year veteran of Paramount Network Television.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!