Tom Morello Signs With New West Records
1:53 AM PDT 3/29/2011 by Phil Gallo
The Rage Against the Machine guitarist is looking at a late summer release for his third album under the Nightwatchman name
Guitarist-singer Tom Morello has signed with New West Records, home to Steve Earle, Dwight Yoakam and Kris Kristofferson, setting a late summer release for his third folk music-oriented album under the Nightwatchman name.
The former Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave guitarist has titled the album World Wide Rebel Songs. He will continue to use the name Nightwatchman, a band name he used for two previous solo albums 2007's One Man Revolution and 2008's The Fabled City. In 2009, he formed the band Street Sweeper Social Club with Boots Riley of the Coup.
Internationally recognized as one of rock music's greatest guitarists, Morello praised the New West label in a statement. "Their commitment to their artists is inspiring and I'm looking forward to fanning the flames of discontent with many Nightwatchman releases under their banner," he said.
Morello, a Harvard University graduate, has spent a considerable amount of time as a human rights activist. In spring 2008, he launched The Justice Tour, a recurring nationwide concert tour initially formed in celebration of the 60th anniversary of the Human Rights Declaration. Morello is represented worldwide by Danny Goldberg for Gold Village Entertainment
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR