Cablevision COO Tom Rutledge Resigns
The firm has started a search for a new executive to take charge of its cable systems.
NEW YORK - Cablevision Systems said Thursday that COO Tom Rutledge has told the company that he will resign later this month.
Cablevision said it has an experienced senior management team in place, but has commenced a search for an executive to oversee the cable operations.
A former Time Warner Cable top executive, Rutledge joined Cablevision, controlled by the Dolan family, in 2002 as president of cable and communications. He became COO in 2004, assuming additional responsibilities for Cablevision’s Rainbow Media, which is now a separate public company called AMC Networks, Newsday and other businesses.
“Everything I hoped for when I came to Cablevision has come true,” Rutledge said. “I have spent my entire working life -- 34 years -- in the cable industry, but my decade at Cablevision will always stand out because of the things we were able to achieve and the value we were able to deliver to customers in the most competitive market in the nation.”
CEO James Dolan said: “Tom Rutledge has played a key role in driving and shaping Cablevision’s success over the last decade, applying a rare combination of technological vision and operational excellence that has delivered results.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed