Tommy Lee Jones Joins Meryl Streep Comedy 'Great Hope Springs'
The film, also starring Steve Carell, will be directed by David Frankel.
Tommy Lee Jones will star alongside Meryl Streep and Steve Carell in Great Hope Springs, the Mandate comedy being directed by David Frankel.
The project, written by Vanessa Taylor, centers on a middle-aged couple (Streep and Jones) who after 30 years of marriage attend an intense counseling weekend to examine the marriage and sex issues that are threatening their marriage. Carell plays the famed relationship guru who tries to help the couple out once they arrive in the town of Great Hope Springs.
The movie is eying an August start. Sony Pictures will release the movie domestically in fourth quarter 2012
Guymon Casady of Film 360 and Todd Black of Escape Artists are producing.
Mandate president Nathan Kahane, Escape Artists’ Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch will executive produce. Mandate’s Lawrence Grey will co-produce. Escape Artists’ Chris Coggins and Lance Johnson will serve as associate producers.
The movie was a hot seller in Cannes, with dozens of territories already sown up. Among the sales were Alliance taking the U.K. and Spain, Wild Bunch picking up Germany and Italy, and Metropolitan taking France.
Jones, repped by CAA, will next be seen in Captain America: The First Avenger.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game