Tone Loc collapses during concert
Rapper was performing at outdoor Florida venue
PENSACOLA BEACH, Fla. -- Authorities say rapper Tone Loc, who performed the 1980s hits "Wild Thing" and "Funky Cold Medina," collapsed during an outdoor concert in north Florida.
A spokesman for the Escambia County Sheriff's Department told the Associated Press it appeared Tone Loc collapsed and had a seizure because of overheating.
Tone Loc, whose real name is Anthony Terrell Smith, collapsed early Friday morning at the Capt'n Fun Beach Club. The Pensacola News Journal reports he was taken away in an ambulance.
Temperatures were in the low 80s with humidity around 87%.
Calls to area hospitals did not turn up patients named Tone Loc or Anthony Smith. Calls to the Capt'n Fun Beach Club were unanswered.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR