Toni Braxton Hospitalized
The Grammy-winning singer underwent care for health issues relating to lupus but tweeted she will be going home Saturday.
The R&B singer revealed the news Friday via Twitter, writing:
"Hey guys, I'm in the hospital for health issues related to Lupus & Blood clots, I will be home soon...Thanks for all the love&support! Xoxo."
After receiving an outpouring of support online, on Saturday Braxton shared the news that she would be released from the hospital.
Going home today! I have a nurse coming to the house for a couple days, maybe I can sneak out & see Diezel's 1st play "A Mid Summers Dream"
— Toni Braxton (@tonibraxton) December 8, 2012
Braxton also was hospitalized for health issues related to lupus in January; she made her lupus diagnosis public two years ago. Braxton also battles medical issues stemming from the narrowing of blood vessels in her heart.
She recently said on ABC’s 20/20 that the disease diminished her ability to perform and contributed to her filing for bankruptcy in 2010.
Braxton has won six Grammys and sold more than 40 million albums worldwide. Her 1996 sophomore album, Secrets, included the hits "You're Makin' Me High" and "Un-Break My Heart.” Braxton also starred in Braxton Family Values, a WEtv reality show about her family. Her other acting credits include the television show Kevin Hill and the telefilm Play'd: A Hip Hop Story.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR